Your Bosch dishwasher can run a test cycle which will quickly go through each stage of a wash programme in order to find out at what point a fault is occurring. It will only give you a general idea of where the problem lies but is a useful first step in diagnosing the issue.
The steps to start the test cycle vary depending on what model you have but the basic method is similar across the range. It might be that your dishwasher doesn’t have the same button labelling as described in the steps below. In that case try holding down the buttons which have similar names. After a little trial and error you’ll find the right combination.
- Make sure the dishwasher is switched off.
- Press and hold the Power Scrub Plus and Regular Wash buttons.
- Turn on the dishwasher, then release the two buttons.
- The light above each of these buttons should flash.
- Start the test cycle by pressing the Power Scrub Plus and Regular Wash buttons again.
- The test programme will begin and an error code will be displayed at the end of the cycle if a fault has been detected.
You can find a list of Bosch dishwasher error codes and their definitions here.